Where to Grab a Bite During your Day at Discovery Place Science
Discovery Place Science
After designing a unique creation in Thinker Space or marveling at cool facts about our creepy-crawly friends in Bug Lab, you are bound to work up an appetite at some point during your day.
Whether you decide to eat before you begin exploring the Museum, need a break between exhibitions or want a quick snack before you head home, in Uptown Charlotte your options are endless. Check out this brief list of delicious-eats hotspots to fill your empty stomach.
In the Museum
On the top of our list is the Curio City Kitchen. Located on Level 1 of the Museum, it is the most convenient option for our visitors. A visit to our café, which is open during regular Museum hours, removes the hassle of finding a convenient place to eat a delicious meal at an affordable price. The best part is, Members receive 10 percent off on all purchases.
If you’re interested in exploring Uptown with the family, these nearby places are worth a visit as well:
Quick and Easy
- Jason’s Deli: Located in the Epicentre, this restaurant is a short walking distance away from the Museum. Known for their specialty sandwiches, salads and pastas made with organic ingredients, making good decisions about food is easy to do here. Vegetarian and gluten-sensitive menus are also available.
- Green’s Lunch: Open since 1926, it is like experiencing a piece of Charlotte history with one bite of their classic hot dogs. They also offer other items such as hamburgers, fries and a breakfast selection. With prices as low as 90 cents, you and your family will be sure to eat well here.
- B.Good: This restaurant provides quality farm-to-table meals sourced locally and cooked seasonally. Plan to visit the Museum on a Tuesday or Thursday to take advantage of their special Kids Eat Free with an adult entree deal.
- Crunch Bistro: Looking for an option under 500 calories? Check out this place for nutritious made-to-order items made with fresh ingredients.
Pro tip: If you’re in the area on a Wednesday, wraps are only $6!
- 7th Street Public Market: Proudly supporting local entrepreneurs and products, this option will give you a great feel for the cuisine of the Carolinas. Featuring a variety of booths with different flavors, there is something for everyone here. Another great bonus: The first 90 minutes of parking at the adjacent parking garage can be validated for anyone who makes a purchase at the Market. It is also a short walk from Discovery Place for those looking to get some steps in.
- Angeline’s: Experience the ambiance of Uptown Charlotte as you enjoy a delicious meal made by the experts. Known for their Italian-themed menu, parents and children alike will be impressed by their modern selections.
Sit and Relax
- Mert’s Heart and Soul: As much as we like to deny it, winter has made it to Charlotte. A short walk in the brisk air will bring yummy rewards in the form of hearty comfort food. As seen on Guy Fieri’s Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives this place is home away from home offering our favorite southern classics.
- Zablong Peculiar Pizza: Even the pickiest eaters can find something to love at this restaurant. Serving pizza with a twist, each order is custom crafted, which makes catering to your toddler’s picky palette easier than ever. Located in Brevard Court, you can even do some shopping after your meal!