Arthropods are the largest animal phylum and encompass about 85% of all known animals in the world.
Arthropods are all around you every day, even in the cold winter, including spiders, centipedes, mites, ticks, lobsters, crabs, shrimp, crayfish, krill, barnacles and scorpions. These invertebrates typically have a segmented body, jointed limbs and an outer shell that molts.
Don't miss a chance to:
- Investigate arthropod specimens under a microscope
- Touch a horseshoe crab
- See live cockroach or caterpillar races
- Make a bug hat to take home
- Learn about beekeeping and see live bees on display
- Get an up-close look some fascinating tarantulas
- Join the I Ate a Bug Club
- And much more!
- All Ages
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Included In Admission
- Everyone is Invited