Collaborate with other Boy Scouts and Discovery Place Science educators to earn your Digital Technology Merit Badge.
- Capacity is limited and Scouts must register in advance to participate. Scouts may register for a maximum of two workshops during this weekend program.
- Scouts should gather at 6th St. Admissions to meet their counselor before the workshop.
- Scouts attending morning and afternoon workshops may bring a lunch. Food also will be available for purchase at Curio City Kitchen.
- Parking fee for Discovery Place Science Parking Deck and Museum admission for chaperones or siblings is not included.
- Discovery Place is not able to offer a refund if a Scout is not able to attend. However, if a Scout is not able to attend, he may notify Discovery Place of his situation and either recruit a Scout to take his place or ask Discovery Place to apply his paid fee toward registration for a future merit badge program.
Scouts, before your workshop, print and read the Digital Technology Merit Badge requirements. Make written notes on requirements 2, 3, 4. For requirement 4b, write down the names of four programs or apps that you or your family use. Complete requirement 5b and 6 at home and bring completed digital projects to class on a CD or thumb drive (memory stick). Review with a parent that requirement 5c will be covered in class, pending parent approval. Research topics for requirement 7bc and 9a at home and bring notes to class.
Bring your signed blue card to the workshop.
You must complete the Cyber Chip course to attend the Digital Technology and/or Programming Merit Badge Courses.
Merit Badge Workshop: Programming
Collaborate with other Boy Scouts and Discovery Place Science educators to earn your Programming Merit Badge