Collaborate with other Boy Scouts and Discovery Place Science educators to earn your Model Design & Building Merit Badge.
- Capacity is limited and Scouts must register in advance to participate. Scouts may register for a maximum of two workshops during this weekend program.
- Scouts should gather at 6th St. Admissions to meet their counselor before the workshop.
- Scouts attending morning and afternoon workshops may bring a lunch. Food also will be available for purchase at Curio City Kitchen.
- Parking fee for Discovery Place Science Parking Deck and Museum admission for chaperones or siblings is not included.
- Discovery Place is not able to offer a refund if a Scout is not able to attend. However, if a Scout is not able to attend, he may notify Discovery Place of his situation and either recruit a Scout to take his place or ask Discovery Place to apply his paid fee toward registration for a future merit badge program.
Before class, read the merit badge book and print Merit Badge requirements.
- Work on requirement 1. Write down safety practices for uses each of the tools and products listed.
- Work on requirement 2. For each of the 5 types of models listed, write down uses and materials for making them.
- Work on requirement 3. Pick your subject from requirement 4, draw plans to scale using graph paper, write down a materials list and a tools list.
- Complete requirement 6. Do research on at least three careers in model making. Find out about education and training and experience needed for at least one of these professions that interest you.
- You must bring this written homework with you to class.
Be sure to bring your signed blue card to the workshop!