Collaborate with other Boy Scouts and Discovery Place Science educators to earn your Programming Merit Badge.
- Capacity is limited and Scouts must register in advance to participate. Scouts may register for a maximum of two workshops during this weekend program.
- Scouts should gather at 6th St. Admissions to meet their counselor before the workshop.
- Scouts attending morning and afternoon workshops may bring a lunch. Food also will be available for purchase at Curio City Kitchen.
- Parking fee for Discovery Place Science Parking Deck and Museum admission for chaperones or siblings is not included.
- Discovery Place is not able to offer a refund if a Scout is not able to attend. However, if a Scout is not able to attend, he may notify Discovery Place of his situation and either recruit a Scout to take his place or ask Discovery Place to apply his paid fee toward registration for a future merit badge program.
Scouts, before your workshop, print and read the Programming Merit Badge requirements. Research requirements 1b, 2, 3, 4, and 6 and make written notes. For requirement 5, checking out this BSA website: http://boyslife.org/section/about-scouts/merit-badge-resources/programming/
In the section, Get Started Programming, click on a programming language you are familiar with, or a new one, follow the instructions to download the freeware, with permission from a parent. Become familiar with how this process works. Repeat the process with a new programming language.
You must complete the Cyber Chip course to attend the Digital Technology and/or Programming Merit Badge Courses.
Be sure to bring your signed blue card to the workshop!
Merit Badge Workshop: Digital Technology
Collaborate with other Boy Scouts and Discovery Place Science educators to earn your Digital Technology Merit Badge