Collaborate with other Boy Scouts and Discovery Place Science educators to earn your Pulp & Paper Merit Badge.
- Capacity is limited and Scouts must register in advance to participate. Scouts may register for a maximum of two workshops during this weekend program.
- Scouts should gather at 6th St. Admissions to meet their counselor before the workshop.
- Scouts attending morning and afternoon workshops may bring a lunch. Food also will be available for purchase at Curio City Kitchen.
- Parking fee for Discovery Place Science Parking Deck and Museum admission is not included.
- Discovery Place is not able to offer a refund if a Scout is not able to attend. However, if a Scout is not able to attend, he may notify Discovery Place of his situation and either recruit a Scout to take his place or ask Discovery Place to apply his paid fee toward registration for a future merit badge program.
- Before class, read the merit badge book and print Merit Badge requirements.
- Research requirements 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 5, 6, 7e and 8 and make notes in your workbook. Be prepared to present your notebook to the Merit Badge Counselor when the course begins. Scouts will review these topics during the course.
- Before or after the course, Scouts may plan on their own to visit one of the sites listed in requirement 7 a, b, c and d. A site visit to one of these locations will not be part of the Discovery Place Science workshop.
Be sure to bring your signed blue card to the workshop!