Look up to discover what lights up the sky. Investigate the changing faces of the moon and learn how the sun moves across the sky without ever moving.
Major Concepts to Be Explored:
- The moon and its different phases
- The differences between the day and night skies and what objects are visible
1.E.1, 1.E.1.1, 1.E.1.2
Goals of the Class:
- To enable participants to identify the different phases of the moon and their cause.
- To allow participants to explore the concepts of outer space through hands-on learning centers.
Participants will be able to:
- Identify the different moon phases and discuss what causes them.
- Find and identify objects in the day and night skies.
- Discuss their observations and share their findings with the whole group.
Methods and Activities:
- Participants will take part in a discussion about the sky and what they know about outer space.
- Participants will rotate through hands-on learning stations to further explore these concepts.
moon, sun, space, moon phases, reflect, shadow, Earth, planet
Call to Book704.372.6261 x300
- Pre K - Grade 2
- Duration: 50 minutes
- Minimum 15 Students
$14 per student (includes Museum admission)